The Medicare & You Handbook
If you are on Medicare, I hope that you are familiar with the “Medicare & You” handbook. The “Medicare & You” Handbook is an official U.S. Government publication. Medicare mails out the handbook every year to all Medicare recipients.
Before I get into the details of the handbook, let me tell you about the electronic version or eHandbook. What a great way to cut down on paperwork and clutter in your home.
If you sign up by May 31st, you will receive an email in the fall with a copy of the new handbook. To enroll, log into your Medicare account on Medicare.gov or follow one of the links I will post below.
On Medicare.gov do the following:
- Sign into your account
- Go to “Handbook Preferences”
- Select “Yes.”
- Click the “Submit” button.
Four great advantages of the eHandbook:
- You get information faster.
- You get updated information.
- The eHandbook is searchable so you can find exactly what you are looking for.
- You can save it to your computer, and you will always know where it is.
Don’t Worry: If you don’t sign up to receive the “Medicare & You” handbook electronically, you’ll still get your paper copy mailed to you in the early fall.
What’s Included in the Medicare and You Handbook?
The handbook provides basic information such as:
- How to sign up for Medicare
- Benefits -What’s covered
- Part A coverage
- Part B Coverage
- Part D Coverage
- Medicare Advantage Plan explanation
- Medicare Supplement options
- How to change your Medicare health care plan
- Knowing your rights with regard to Medicare
- How to protect yourself from fraud
- What to do if you become a victim of fraud
Here are some helpful links and remember, you can order a printed copy of the “Medicare & You” handbook by calling 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-MEDICARE). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
Audio version: https://www.medicare.gov/pub/medicare-you-handbook
Go paperless: https://www.medicare.gov/gopaperless/home.aspx
PDF Spanish version: https://www.medicare.gov/sites/default/files/2020-03/10050-S-Medicare-and-You.pdf
PDF Large Print Spanish; https://www.medicare.gov/sites/default/files/2019-12/10050-ls-medicare-and-you.pdf
Medicare & You in Braille – Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)
To get email updates from Medicare: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USCMS/subscriber/new?topic_id=USCMS_7816
My name is Jack McGlynn and I am licensed to sell Medicare Health Plans in Florida, Georgia, New York, South Carolina and Texas. My home base is in Aiken, SC. You may email me at: Jack@AdvantageAdvantage.com or call me at 803.634.4993. I hope that you are safe and well and blessed. Thank you.